Mini Expansion Dock - Omega2
The Mini Dock is designed to power your Omega for applications that do not require GPIO pins. Its small form factor makes it suitable to use for wireless applications such as Wi-Fi range extension, wireless printing, wireless video streaming, and more. The Mini Dock comes with a built-in USB port, allowing you to plug and play a variety of USB devices into your Omega. An on-board USB-to-Serial chip provides easy access the Omega’s terminal directly from your computer.
You can provide power to the Omega and Dock with any Micro USB cable. The Dock includes a regulator circuit that ensures the Omega always receives the stable 3.3V it needs to operate optimally.
The Dock exposes some key Omega features to the user:
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Turn your Omega on and off with the Power Switch
Ease of UseThanks to the on-board USB-to-Serial chip, you will always have access to the Omega’s serial terminal. No network connectivity required, just a solid USB connection. The serial terminal is especially handy when accessing the bootloader to reflash your Omega.
- 1x Micro USB Port – Power and serial terminal access
- 1x USB-A Port – Connect USB devices to the Omega
- 1x Reset Button
- 1x Power Switch