Click Image for Gallery
Product Images shown are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual Product. Due to differences in PCB manufacturers, colours, pin mappings, markings & packaging of products/PCBs may also differ from those shown above.
This is one of the most popular display device used. This is a 16x2 (16 Characters on 2 lines) LCD with Black font and Yellow Backlight.
There are many readily available libraries for interfacing it with Arduino, Raspberry Pi or other Development Boards and Micro-Controllers/Processors.This can be operated in either 8 Bit or 4 Bit mode of operation. In the 4 Bit mode, it'll only require 6 Control pins from the Microcontroller.
- VCC (+3.3 to +5V)
- Contrast adjustment (VO)
- Register Select (RS). RS=0: Command, RS=1: Data
- Read/Write (R/W). R/W=0: Write, R/W=1: Read
- Clock (Enable). Falling edge triggered
- Bit 0 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 1 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 2 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 3 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 4
- Bit 5
- Bit 6
- Bit 7
- Backlight Anode (+)
- Backlight Cathode (-)
Interfacing & Code Examples:
- Interfacing with an Arduino
- Interfacing with a Raspberry Pi
- Interfacing with BeagleBoneBlack
This comes soldered with Male Header pins for Breadboard placement. Please let us know if you'd like to have Female Headers instead or simply left blank.
16X2 LCD Display
Discuss about this Product