BH1750 Light Intensity Sensor for Raspberry Pi
BH1750 light intensity sensor breakout board with a 16 bit AD converter built-in which can directly output a digital signal, there is no need for complicated calculations. This is a more acurate and easier to use version of the simple foto resistor which only outputs a voltage that needs to be calculated in order to obtain meaningful data. With the BH1750 Light Sensor intensity can be directly measured by the luxmeter, without needing to make calculations. The data which is output by this sensor is directly output in Lux (Lx). When objects which are lighted in homogeneous get the 1 lx luminous flux in one square meter ,their light intensity is 1lx. Sometimes to take good advantage of the illuminant, you can add a reflector to the illuminant.So that there will be more luminous flux in some directions and it can increase the ilumination of the target surface.
This sensor is ideal to measure the light intensity of:
- car headlights
- photographic lights
- Portable game machine
- Digital cameras
- adjusting LCD and Keypad backlight power of Mobile phone
- power supply voltage: +3 to 5Vdc
- Wide range and High resolution. ( 1 - 65535 lx )
- It is possible to select 2 types of I2C slave-address.
- Small measurement variation (+/- 20%)
- Size: 0.85*0.63*0.13"(21*16*3.3mm)