Raspberry Pi 3 (WiFi, BLE and 64Bit)
Update [14th March, 2018]: A new improved version called Raspberry Pi 3 B+ has been announced. It shall be availale shortly in our Stores. Consider buying that if getting started with the Raspberry Pi.
If you are getting started with Raspberry Pi for the first time, it's recommend to take these starter kits instead of only the Raspberry Pi 3 Board:
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B builds upon the features of its predecessors with a new 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU processor on board to increase its speed (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1).
It also features WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities to enhance the functionality and the ability to power more powerful devices over the USB ports.
- Broadcom BCM2837 64bit Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 1.2GHz
- BCM43143 WiFi on board
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source (now supports up to 2.4 Amps)
Comparison of Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspberry Pi 2
A quick comparison of the Raspberry Pi 3 vs the Raspberry Pi 2 taken from element14 Website is shown below: