MCP3008 - 8-Channel 10-Bit ADC
- Stock: 3
- Model: IC-MCP3008
- SKU: PL-1027
MCP3008 is an 16 pin Analog to Digital converter from Microchip. If you require a 8 Channel ADC with resolution higher than ADC0808 then this ADC is for you. Moreover it communicates with controller using SPI interface thereby saving controller pins. So now no need of using higher pin controllers just to interface an ADC. This ADC can also be used with raspberry pi there are lot of tutorials online on how to interface MCP3008 ADC to raspberry pi.
MCP3008 is a successive approximation 10-bit Analog to Digital (A/D) converter with on-board sample and hold circuitry. It is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential nonlinearity (DNL) and Integral Nonlinearity (INL) are specified at ±1 LSB. Communication with the devices is accomplished using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol. The devices are capable of conversion rates of up to 200 ksps. The MCP3008 devices operate over a broad voltage range (2.7V - 5.5V). Low-current design permits operation with typical standby currents of only 5 nA and typical active currents of 320 µA. The MCP3008 is offered in 16-pin PDIP and SOIC packages.
- 10-bit resolution
- ± 1 LSB max DNL
- ± 1 LSB max INL
- 8 input channels
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
- On-chip sample and hold
- SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Single supply operation: 2.7V - 5.5V
- 200 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 5V
- 75 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 2.7V
- Low power CMOS technology
- 5 nA typical standby current, 2 µA max.
- 500 µA max. active current at 5V
- Industrial temp range: -40°C to +85°C