Click Image for Gallery
Product Images shown are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual Product. Due to differences in PCB manufacturers, colours, pin mappings, markings & packaging of products/PCBs may also differ from those shown above.
This is one of the most popular display device used. This is a 16x2 (16 Characters on 2 lines) LCD with Black font and Yellow Backlight.
There are many readily available libraries for interfacing it with Arduino, Raspberry Pi or other Development Boards and Micro-Controllers/Processors.This can be operated in either 8 Bit or 4 Bit mode of operation. In the 4 Bit mode, it'll only require 6 Control pins from the Microcontroller.
- VCC (+3.3 to +5V)
- Contrast adjustment (VO)
- Register Select (RS). RS=0: Command, RS=1: Data
- Read/Write (R/W). R/W=0: Write, R/W=1: Read
- Clock (Enable). Falling edge triggered
- Bit 0 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 1 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 2 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 3 (Not used in 4-bit operation)
- Bit 4
- Bit 5
- Bit 6
- Bit 7
- Backlight Anode (+)
- Backlight Cathode (-)
Interfacing & Code Examples:
- Interfacing with an Arduino
- Interfacing with a Raspberry Pi
- Interfacing with BeagleBoneBlack
This comes soldered with Male Header pins for Breadboard placement. Please let us know if you'd like to have Female Headers instead or simply left blank.
LCD - Alphanumeric - 16X2 Characters - JHD 162A
Discuss about this Product