Serial I2C LCD Display Adapter
Product Images shown are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual Product. Due to differences in PCB manufacturers, colours, pin mappings, markings & packaging of products/PCBs may also differ from those shown above.
Serial I2C LCD display adapter converts parallel based 16 x 2 character LCD display into a serial i2C LCD that can be controlled through just 2 wires. Adapter uses PCF8574 chip that serves as I/O expander that communicates with Arduino or any other microcontroller by using I2C protocol. A total of 8 LCD displays can be connected to the same two wire I2C bus with each board having a different address. The default i2C address is 0X27 and may be changed to any of the following 0X20~0X27 via soldering A0 A1 A2 pins.
- 16 x 2 Character LCD display is controlled via just two wires
- Up to 8 LCD displays with adapters can be connected and controlled by the same two wire I2C bus
- Easy to control using Arduino board
- Compatible with 16 x 2 character LCD displays
- Adapter includes 16-PIN male header connector for soldering to LCD display
- Contrast is adjusted via onboard potentiometer
- Backlight may be turned on/off via jumper
- Standard 5V voltage supply