Click Image for Gallery
This breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and five different microstep resolutions (down to 1/16-step). It operates from 8 V to 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4988 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control onebipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information).
Here are some of the driver’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection.
- Size: 0.6? × 0.8?
- Weight: 1.3 g1
- Minimum operating voltage: 8 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 35 V
- Continuous current per phase: 1 A2
- Maximum current per phase: 2 A3
- Minimum logic voltage: 3 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16
- Reverse voltage protection?: N
- Bulk packaged: N
- Header pins soldered: N4
Green A4988 Stepper Motor Driver
Discuss about this product here